Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Rest day: St. Francisviile

Culture, History, Cajun food, family - does it get any better than this? Plantation tours and the Audubon museum were pretty wonderful. There was actually a cistern on the roof that after you pulled a rope would deliver a shower - and probably a big mess on the floor.

The best Cajun food was found at a gas station! The prison guards and other locals were getting take-out there. So sad my sister is leaving tomorrow - but not before she gives me a lift to get to town.

The time to pedal is finishing. Folks are starting to talk about re-entry into their regular lives.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes we had fun! It was so good to see you all lean and bronzed from the sun! Let's do it again. I am eating with my new gumbo spoon-I'll bet it is the only one in Missouri until you bring yours home.

Take care and cannot wait to see you again.

Love, Joy and Bob

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home