Tuesday, May 01, 2007

High Springs, FL

76 miles today, 2,695 miles down. It is getting real close to bein’ done. Two more days. We are so strong now we can plan to go swimming in the middle of a 76 mile day. We got here soon enough to have an ice cream soda at Floyd’s Diner - with Elvis Presley in the lobby.

I had a little trouble with all the truck traffic this morning - actually I have traffic jitters frequently. The sag is always accommodating to “lift” me through the trouble spots. There was a bike path for part of the way, that is always nice.

We saw wild phlox today. We haven’t seen wild flowers in a while. The fresh water spring was beautiful and perfect to cool us down.

Maybe I took a picture of the last flat tire today; it is a nice thought. Some riders have had as many as 10 flats, and some have had none. I’m not sayin’ because I don’t want to jinx myself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home