Saturday, March 31, 2007

$30 Supper

54 miles today, 1,265 miles down. Enclosed are more pictures of the beautiful hotel last night and my 30 dollar supper.

The rest of today. For me, today is why I ride — I was in control of the ride, minimal traffic, no rumble strip, so the shoulder was rough, but I can’t complain. I suppose the vibration is keeping calcium in my bones! The cactus yucca was in bloom. There are little yellow and purple flowers everywhere. I saw two deer and one road runner. There are old windmills every once in a while that fill a nearby cistern.

I do wish everyone could have this opportunity to see the country this way; even if you have to borrow the sag once in a while. Neat stuff to see.

Retta

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see the photo archive..thanks for the link! Hey Retta- Bob and I are thinking about meeting you in Saint Francisville, LA on April 17 or 18. It is only 660 miles away...I will call to firm up these plans.

Joy

3:01 PM  
Blogger Carol Snow said...

We are having fun checking on your trip. You are in everyone's prayers. You are amazing!!!!!!

Carol Snow and gang at FCI

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home